THE KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We typically collect and hold the following kinds of personal information from customers:
- your name, your title, your company name (if applicable) and your contact details (including your physical
address, postal address, email address and phone number);
- your preferred delivery address and instructions;
- your purchase history;
- the name of the domain from which you access the internet; the date and time you access our sites;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites; and
- other information you may supply to us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you have dealings with us, including when you:
- access and use our Website and social media sites;
- place an order for our merchandise;
- attend the store, via CCTV;
- attend a Giulians hosted event;
- converse with Giulians staff;
- make an enquiry;
- sign-up to receive our newsletters or join Giulians mailing lists;
- complete a customer survey or send us feedback.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect allows us to:
- administer our Website and provide customer services;
- process your order and inform you of the status of your order;
- provide the products and services you have ordered;
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card account;
- plan and manage our commercial business activities including analysis of your shopping habits, product and style
preferences; (again, may be applicable in future)
- communicate with you (including via email or telephone where such contact details have been provided);
- tell you about our offers, services or products.
We may disclose information we hold to our directors, officers, employees and other associated entities for business purposes and marketing or remarketing purposes through our Websites or other social media channels. We may also disclose information to third party service providers or contractors, such as courier delivery companies.
We may also disclose personal information where it is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms; or to protect the rights, property and/or safety of Giulians, our users, staff and associates. This includes exchanging information with other entities for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
We collect information about your online preferences using technology, such as “cookies”. Cookies track user behaviour on our Website and may record information, including your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you viewed, any documents you downloaded and the type of browser and operating system you used. The information is used and disclosed by us for purposes including statistical analysis and retargeted advertising; and to assist us to improve the functionality and usability of the Website. More information about cookies is available HERE.
Where we have your express or implied consent, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Giulians.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our email messages or by sending an unsubscribe request to email@example.com.
OVERSEAS DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In connection with the operation of our business, Giulians may disclose personal information to external service providers located overseas so that they can provide us with services, such as shipping, delivery, marketing and data storage. Otherwise, we are generally not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you and request its correction if it is inaccurate by contacting our Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable period.
When you interact with the website (form submissions, browsing or other user initiated interactions), we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you may contact our Privacy Officer via email@example.com We may need to seek further information from you. We may offer a practical solution that is consistent with our legal obligations. We will respond to complaints within a reasonable period of time (usually 30 days).